Connect with us

FEATURED

Hetero, Cipla gets the DCGI node to develop remdesivir for COVID-19 patients in India

Published

on

A day after the DCGI gave nodes to Glenmark for the manufacture and commercialization of favipiravir for treating COVID-19 patients, Hetero and Cipla were also able to manufacture and commercialize the anti-viral medicinal medicinal remanesivir of Gilead Sciences for “restricted emergency” use in hospital patients. “On Saturday, approval was granted to Hetero and Cipla,” PTI reported citing sources.

The coronavirus cases in India have been approved at a time when they spiral and put tremendous pressure on our health care system. India now has nearly 4.10 lakh COVID-19 patients, with more than 13.000 deaths and a 3.28 percent fatality rate. 15,413 new cases were reported in India on 20 June.




The Union Ministry of Health and Family Affairs has also approved the use of remdesivir in patients with moderate COVID-19 symptoms in compliance with the recently released Guidelines ‘Clinical Management Protocols for COVID-19’.

However, the manual on ‘Clinical Management Guidelines for COVID-19’ is not recommended for individuals with a serious renal deficiency and a high level of liver enzymes and pregnant and lactating women and those below 12 years. The injection drug is administered at a dose of 200 mg on day one followed by 100 mg daily for five days, the guidelines state.

Hospitals need their permission in order to administer remdesivir in COVID-19 patients. Outcomes of additional clinical trials should also be submitted, active postmarketing monitoring data and reports of serious adverse events.

Notably, apart from Hetero and Cipla, Gilead has already signed agreements to produce and sell remanufacturing equipment in India with Jubilant Life Sciences and Mylan NV. Gilead has been able to sign agreements with four other pharmaceutical firms – Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd, Dr. Biocon arm Syngene International Ltd, Zydu Cadila Ltd., and Eva Pharma Pvt Ltd, Egyptian, to produce and sell redesivir as the medication has proven to be successful in dealing with COVID-19.

Remdesivir was previously said by the California-based biotech firm to have improved symptoms when given to moderately ill, hospitalized patients with COVID-19 for five days. A major study led by National Health Institutes recently also found that the average recovery time for hospital patients with severe disease could be reduced from 15 days to 11 days, Associated Press reported. The medicine is designed to interfere with an enzyme used by the virus to copy its genetic material. It is also authorized for treatment of Covid-19 in Japan and for emergency use in the United States for some patients.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

FEATURED

Massive Earthquake in Southern Mexico on June 25, 2020

Published

on

earthquake-mexico-2020

Southern Mexico was hit by a massive earthquake, which killed at least six people, led buildings hundreds of miles away, causing residents to flee their homes and their workplaces in the open air for protection in the streets. The magnitude of the earthquake was 7.5 in the Pacific coastal area around 14 miles toward the south of Crucecita, a beach city located in the southern state of Oaxaca that was very popular among tourists, according to the Mexico national seismological services.

earthquake-mexico-2020

The United States Geological Survey has however measured the magnitude at 7.4; provisional calculations are not uncommon to differ. The very same region was hit on Monday night by another quake estimated in the US to be 4.9. The National Seismological Service of Mexico stated that 1,571 aftershocks were in effect from early Wednesday. It happened at 10:29 (Local time).

Governor of Oaxaca, Alejandro Murat, said at least six citizens in the region had been killed by the earthquake on Wednesday. The Governor also said that approximately 500 homes and four archeological sites and several schools were destroyed. The toll information and the media reports have revealed scrapes from certain damaged Oaxacan buildings.
The President, Mr. Andrés Manuel López Obrador, told a Twitter video, which he posted early in the evening, about one of his series, relaying a series of updates from Mr. León and others. The president said, a phone hit his ear, “collapsed, broken glass, falling signs, walls, but really nothing serious.”

Mr. López Obrador urged all to be alert and calm for further earthquake warnings. “there would be no more harmful post-shocks, hopefully and I wish for all my soul,” he said. Much of the area adjacent to the epicentre, and more than 90 miles from Oaxaca, the state capital, is the nearest city to the city. Buildings swayed over 300 miles Northwest from Mexico City, but local news reports revealed little harm to the rest of the building façades that had fallen away. The Mayor Claudia Sheinbaum of Mexico City said no “significant” impacts from an earthquake had been confirmed by either the security command center or officials carrying out municipal overflights.

The earthquake was pronounced “horrible,” by Flora Pedro Mora, the owner of the Mansiones Cruz del Mar, condo-hotel building near Crucecita. “It was like the film,,” she said, shuddering audibly. But she added that the property was not severely damaged, apart from certain wooden beams that were chucked adrift and fell to earth. While some hotels and resorts, known as Huatulco, began to re-open in the last week in response to the pandemic following a prolonged closure, guests were still at Mansiones Cruz del Mar. Petróleos Mexicanos, the state-owned oil firm, confirmed that the earthquake had led to its refinery temporarily shut-down in the port of Salina Cruz, where a fire quickly erupted.

A “potential threat” from a tsunami across the shores of Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, the United States’ National Atmospheric and Oceanic Administration said, but revoked it a few hours later. After the tremor, tiny seismic waves were reported by the ocean boots — too little to have a significant impact. Effective offshore earthquakes, such as Fukushima, Japan in 2011 and Aceh, Indonesia province in 2004, can cause devastating tsunamis. But the earthquake that are causing of that kind of damaging waves are tough to anticipate.

Continue Reading

FEATURED

Covid 19 : Ramdev’s Patanjali launches Coronil kit for Corona virus treatment in India

Published

on

coronil-kit-patanjali

Balkrishna had claimed earlier this month that the company’s Ayurvedic drug could cure Covid-19 patients within 3-14 days.

On Tuesday, the company launched ‘coronil and Swasari’ in Patanjali Yogpeeth, Haridwar, claiming that the Ayurvedic cure for the treatment of COVID- 19 was 100% positive in the clinical trials of the patients affected. Patanjali Ayurved MD Acharya Balkrishna said the company’s Ayurvedic medicine had healed COVID-19 patients within 3-14 days.

Highlights from the launch event of the Patanjali Coronil kit: Baba Ramdev also says that the corona drugs he releases are not side-effects.

Patanjali states that a total of 100 patients with positive coronavirus were recruited for the controlled clinical trial. Of the 95 studied, 1 patient lost the monitoring details and 4 withdrew consent, according to Patanjali. Patanjali.
Criteria for exclusion from the Clinical Study Program of Patanjali (claimed)
1) Significantly symptomatic patients (SaO2 < 90%)

2) Audible breathing distress syndrome

3) Life expectancy less than 1 year because of other co-morbidities

Inclusion criteria for the clinical study plan of Patanjali (claimed)
1) confirmed cases of RT-PCR

2) 15-60 years old

Two random groups were formed: 1) placebo arm and 2) clinical study plan treatment arm.
The claims of Patanjali,
1) 100% recovery from coronavirus infection with Patanjali Ayurvedic medicine within 7 days of diagnosis.

2) In the treatment group, the levels of hsCRP and IL-6 were reduced compared to the placebo group.

3) Weaker IL-6 response, involving lower risk of cytokine storm, was demonstrated by Ayurvedic treatment.

We will also launch an e-commerce service to deliver drugs, according to Acharya Balkrishna, within two hours of placing orders.
Acharya Balkrishna says that we’ve used minerals with herbs to make this medicine even more effective.
Patanjali claims that his package can also be used as coronavirus prevention.
The Corona kit is only available at €545 according to Acharya Balkrishna. The corona package has 30 days of medicines.
Patanjali says that we are researching the drugs on mice and rats.
This kit is not available anywhere now, it will be available in one week in Patanjali shops, Baba Ramdev says.
Since December 2019, we started working on Corona medicines, says Patanjali.
We developed the first clinically controlled Ayurvedic, research, evidence and test-based COVID19 medicine. We performed a clinical case study and controlled clinical trial and found 69% of patients recovered within 3 days and 100% recovered in 7 days, says Baba Ramdev.
We will even test people on fans, says Baba Ramdev.
It is not a booster of immunity, but a treatment for coronavirus, says Baba Ramdev.
Baba Ramdev says that an app is launched to deliver the Corona kit.
The mortality rate was 0 percent and the recovery rate was 100 percent, says Baba Ramdev.
In three days, 69 percent of the people recovered, Baba Ramdev says.
Baba Ramdev says that we have done every work and are going to answer all questions.
Patanjali claimed that the Patanjali Research Institute, Haridwar and Jaipur National Institute of Medical Sciences jointly conducted controlled clinical studies.
After COVID-19, we appointed a team of scientists. First, simulation was carried out and compounds that can suppress the virus and stop it from spreading across the body were identified. Then, Balkrishna said we conducted a case study in hundreds of positive patients and obtained 100 % positive results.
“After taking our medicine the patients of COVID recovered and tested negative after 3-14 days. So we can say the COVID treatment is possible only with Ayurveda. In the next 4-5 days there will be evidence and data from us,” Balkrishna said earlier this month.

 

Continue Reading

FEATURED

Indian Army Commander’s decision on the scenario in Ladakh East

Published

on

India and China

Reports suggest that India has changed engagement rules in China LAC. Reports show that from now on, Indian Army allows field commanders in the Indian-China LAC to use firearms in the event of ‘extraordinary’ circumstances. Another Lt General Talks between India and China are reportedly being held. The two parties explore ways to ease boundaries in the Galwan Valley, east Ladakh, between the two Asian sides. The bilateral relations between India and China first hit the rock bottom since hostilities in the 1960s. India and China were losing their lives on the Controlling Line or LAC for the first time in as many years. In a deadly clash on the night of 15/16 May, 20 people from the Indian Army were martyred. China, however, has not yet received a number, suffered as well. Reports indicate that somewhere between 40-45 were Chinese victims. Yes, the site of a violent clampdown on the Galvan Valley of eastern Ladakh was strongly objected to Chinese “exaggerated” statements and said those border events would have a serious bearing on bilateral relations.

india vs china

The reports suggest that in the event of “special” events in India and China, the India Army now allows the Indian Army to use Firearms. Further reports indicate that the central government has also provided the armed forces with an additional financial strength up to Rs 5 in the wake of tense frontier standoffs with China.

Speaking to ANI, Kharge said, “We ‘re ready to meet it if our country is to do anything. Our deep condolences are the Col Santosh Babu family members. Why’s the PM hiding true things? He told us that nobody has intruded our border. Our army hasn’t been to the other side of us, so I want to know who killed them. The decision was taken by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), the Central Office for Public Works, the Border Roads Office (BRO) and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), among others. The decision was taken during the high level meeting. In order to relieve border tensions, India and China hold military talks. In addition to military negotiations, the ANI News Agency said that both sides plan to engage soon at diplomatic level. Both parties’ officers are planning talks and there will soon be a meeting.

Indian and Chinese military commandeers held a second round of talks on Monday to alleviate tensions at their disputed border, with India’s public spirit hurting for an economic and military response to China after its worst conflict in over fifty years. A government source said that corps commanders met on the Chinese side of the Line of Real Control in Moldo from both sides.

The traders’ organization CAIT on Monday, in a clash between the Chinese and Chinese troops of the Galwan Valley last week, burned Chinese goods to the principal market in Delhi Karol Bagh show its resentment and anger over the killing of 20 Indian soldiers. Police were briefly taken to Karol Bagh Police Station by protest traders led by General Secretary of the Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT). It claimed that Uddhav Thackeray, the Maharashtra Chief Minister, accepted the request to cancel three MOUs signed with Chinese companies recently by the Maharashtra administration. Khandelwal complimented Thackeray, saying, “This step is in accordance with the feelings of the people of the country and will be a teaching for China.” A national ‘Bhartiya Samaan-Hamara Abhimaan’ campaign has recently been launched by the traders body to boycott Chinese goods.

Chinese Minister and former CEO of the Indian Army Gen (retd) V. Singh’s remarks on Monday refused to comment on the observations that in the Galwan valley clash over 40 Chinese soldiers in East Ladakh were killed, stating that it had no publication on the subject. Speaker Zhao Lijian of the Chinese Foreign Minister, reiterated during the media presentation that “China and India are in contact to solve the situation on the ground via diplomatic and military channels.” Chinese foreign minister When asked what Singh said, he said: “I have no information to release on that.” Beijing has repeatedly declined to comment on the specifics of the deaths on its side since the confrontation between Indian and Chinese troops in the Galwan Valley on 15 June. Singh on Saturday told an online news channel that “If we lost 20 troops, more than double the amount was fired on their [China] side.” Commentating on the recent Indian-Chinese border standoff.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 World Float